Monday, June 14, 2010

Pictures

Here are some pictures from the past 2.5 months.
We got to go hiking at this resort called Issyk-Kata. It was so beautiful.

Making cinnamon rolls is our source of sanity. This was a great day. They were delicious!I fell into this whole one night. It is at least three feet deep and surrounded by cement. Nice job Brooke. It was surrounded by something that illegal in America. We called it my "Pot-hole" HAHA.
My family killed a sheep for me the night before I moved to my new home. It was pretty awesome process to watch.

This my pre-service training group right after we swore in as volunteers. Kyrgyzstan here we come.

I hope you enjoy these pictures. I just figured out how I can shrink my pictures to fit into the blog so hopefully there will be more to come!

Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke,

    Have you seen/heard anything about the ethnic violence? I'm at CNN in London, trying to find people in Kyrgyzstan who might be able to speak to us/give us photos. Please e-mail me if you get this message: david.wilkinson@turner.com

    Stay safe,
    Thanks,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. In your pre-service training group photo above; the tall guy in the very back - is that Nic?

    Enjoyed your post. Best wishes!

    Peace,
    David (Nic's dad)

    ReplyDelete