Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cherry spit

Today my host mom, niece, and I pitted cherries for cherry jam and I just kept thinking about all the hours we spent over the years picking and pitting the cherries from our tree for cherry pie. These cherries are very similar in size but they are the color of bing cherries. Just think of how messy that got with a 10 year old helping. It was fun. We got into a race at one point. I really like doing things like that with my family because it gives me a really great opportunity to work on my language and bond with them. My host mom is really patient and helpful with language. She really lets me try to get my words out without interrupting me which is really good for me! I taught them the words for cherry, pit and spit because I was asking them what the words were and then they did the same for English, we for cherry and pit. Then one sprayed my host mom in the face and so I taught spit. “Cherry Spit” hahaha. Oh… another funny story. My host niece was asking how to say “I’m hungry” in English then she went around the house saying it until we were finished. Then after she stopped for a while she said it again but this time she said “I’m hundred.” We got a good laugh from that one. She always say’s “Oh my god” too. It always makes me laugh because I never expect it. I didn’t teach her that one though. I have been teaching her soccer and showing her my mad skills. It is good to have someone to play with because there are times when I know I should get out of my room, but I just don't want to. Having a child knocking at your door makes it easier to get out and play games and be active!

No comments:

Post a Comment